ANOVA is an organization that seeks to protect women and girls from domestic and other types of violence initiated by men. This organization was created by merging the Women’s Community House and Sexual Assault Centre of London, Ontario.
This organization provides a broad spectrum of services, including safe places, sheltering, support, counseling, and information resources for the vulnerable individuals in question to be able to protect themselves and find a new start in life.
The organization has experience with all ranges of domestic abuse and violence and has four separate sites available to all and any that need help. The addresses are as follows:
- Two 24-Hour Emergency Shelters: 101 Wellington Road, London, Ontario; 450 Clarke Road, London, Ontario;
- Second Stage Housing: 1416 Ernest Avenue, London, Ontario;
- Sexual Assault Counseling & Business Offices: 255 Horton Street, London, Ontario.
ANOVA also features a 24/7 hotline that could be reached using the following telephone number: 519-642-3000. Homepage: https://www.anovafuture.org.
SafeSpace London is an organization supported by volunteers and donations from local communities. It serves to assist sex workers, allies, as well as women, girls, and gender-diverse groups who are in a crisis.
The organization provides harm reduction tools, first aid supplies, HIV and STD tests, as well as educational sources, hygienic products, food, peer support, and information about services currently available in London, Ontario. They are also cooperating with ANOVA and refer individuals in need of more serious help to them. General information for the resource is as follows:
- Homepage: https://www.safespacelondon.ca;
- Address: 96 Rectory Street – Unit A London, ONN5Z 1Z9;
- Hotline (Not to be used for emergencies): 519-701-SAFE (7233);
- General inquiries: [email protected].