How to pay for the college education?

At the moment, I’m a high school student, and I have saved nearly $5,000 from the part-time job to use it for college.
But, of course, it’s not enough, and my parents can’t help me.
How can I pay for college or university?

6 Answers

  1. It would be best if your parents have set up the RESP account for you. It is sort of bank account especially made to collect money for funding your education.
    Even with small monthly contributions, it is often very helpful. Usually, it’s parents’ initiative, but you can contribute money for it too.
    If you don’t have one, there is also an opportunity of bank loan especially for students, and additional state or federal assistance grants but it will depend on your academic achievements.

    CleverHe CleverHe Answered
  2. Not all parents install accounts for their children. Just because they don’t have any spare money for that. Also, don’t forget about the local community colleges.
    They will save your money, and you don’t have to leave home and pay for housing as well

    Timathy Timathy Answered
  3. Students loan is still a loan. You can work one-year full time and save up more or less enough (but you’ll probably need to continue working part-time at the uni as well)

    Iriny Iriny Answered
  4. if I were you I’d go to community college and then save up some money and transfer to the university you want to go to

    Nilvis Nilvis Answered
  5. yes, osap offers both grants (if you have successful a academic performance you don’t need to return the money) and loans (like a regular bank loan)

    Anaya Anaya Answered
  6. You should check out OSAP, it’s a service with different opportunities for student funding.

    Andy Warhol Andy Warhol Answered