Analysis of Nowlin’s “How the Autobiography…” Article
Review Michael Nowlin’s article “How the Autobiography of an Ex-Colored Man Became an Unlikely Literary Classic” and analyzed the critical imperative driving the article.
Summarize the main points of the article “How the Autobiography of an Ex-Colored Man Became an Unlikely Literary Classic” and answer the following questions:
- Is the thesis of the essay explicitly stated?
- Is it near the beginning or the end?
- What additional claims or points are important steps toward constructing the main argument?
- What seems to be the critical imperative driving the essay?
- What previous idea(s) or critical position(s) is the author engaging in to establish a fresh area for study?